Svenska | English
Biogas Upgrading Plants
- Highest Life Cycle Income
- The highest revenues
- The highest biomethane efficiency
- Modular built
- Turn-Key deliveries
Green energy from renewable resources
All human activity creates waste. But waste can also be a valuable
resource. Excess agricultural produce, manure, wastewater sludge,
household and restaurant waste are perfect raw materials for biogas
production. The biogas can be upgraded to pure biomethane, which is
used for vehicle fuel or for injection into the natural gas grid.
Probably the greenest biomethane in the world
Digestion of organic solids produces raw biogas that contains 50-70%
biomethane, 30-50% carbon dioxide and traces of sulphur, nitrogen and oxygen. Purac Puregas takes this raw biogas and upgrades it to practically pure biomethane. The unique chemical absorption process, CApure™, removes CO2 and H2S. The removal system provides that 99.9% of the biomethane content in the raw gas biogas will be available for commercial use. This is a climate neutral energy source that reduces the global dependency on fossil fuels.
Läs mer [ PDF, 1,500 kB, eng]
CApure™ is a technology for the treatment of biogas. The gas passes through
a working medium that absorbs carbon dioxide, but not biomethane. This eliminates
the otherwise typical release of 2–5 per cent biomethane into the atmosphere.
Therefore, production using CApure™ does not contribute at all to the
greenhouse effect. And there is also an economic bonus that stems from
increased production of treated gas.
Read more [ PDF, 364 kB]
References CApure™, Dec 2009
- Borås in operation since 2002, 450 Nm3/h, 260 scfm, co-digestion **)
- Gothenburg in operation since 2006, 1600 Nm3/h, 930 scfm, WWTP *)
- Kalmar in operation since 2008, 200 Nm3/h, 120 scfm, co-digestion **)
- Falkenberg in operation since January 2009, 750 Nm3/h, 440 scfm, co-digestion *)
- Stockholm in operation since April 2009, 800 Nm3/h, 470 scfm, co-digestion **)
- Stavanger in operation since August 2009, 500 Nm3/h, 300 scfm, co-digestion *)
- Oslo, started up testrun January 2010, 750 Nm3/h, 440 scfm, WWTP **)
- Karlstad new contract, in operation March 2010, 200 Nm3/h, 120 scfm, WWTP **)
- Könnern Sud in operation since October 2009, 3400 Nm3/h, 2000 scfm, green crops *)
- Linköping new contract, in operation September 2010, 3000 Nm3/h, 1800 scfm, co-diges. **)
*) Grid injection to natural gas grid, **) Vehicle fuel filling station or local biomethane grid
movie about PURAC
Purac Puregas is a part of Läckeby Water Group, an independent, privately-owned Swedish group, which offers contracting, products and servicing for water treatment and biogas production.
We are established on three continents and have to date completed contracts in 70 countries worldwide.
With sales of around USD 70 million, Läckeby Water Group is a leading company in its field.